Monday, October 20, 2008

The Mystery of the Airport Bird


A Freedom Eagle. Image by Steve.
Hello, and thank you for joining us here at Grandma Panda's Food Show. If you don't know me, my name is Joel, and I am Shelley's brother. I'd like to tell you a little story about something that happened to me today.

Many of us are familiar with the Internet. It's a place where things are always happening: people meeting people, people buying things, and what have you. Today, I was using my Internet, when Shelley logged into the IM and we got to talking. Turns out she was in Denver at the airport, and she needed some help. Here is an actual electronic transcription of what she said:

(18:36:18) Shelley Shaver: would you post an update to my blog?
(18:36:19) Shelley Shaver: i can't get it to open and i have to go
(18:36:19) Shelley Shaver: you can be a guest auther
(18:36:19) Shelley Shaver: or
(18:36:19) Shelley Shaver: *
(18:36:19) Shelley Shaver: just tell them that i saw a bird in the airport

And then she disappeared. Now, I firmly believe that she would have wanted me to convey this final message to all of you out there reading this homepage. She may even be out there somewhere, watching. As for the bird, only Shelley knows what it really was, but I like to think it was our very own freedom eagle, keeping an eye on her. Keep watching the skies!

Eagle image licensed under a Creative Commons cc-by-sa license.

5 comments:

Daniel and Natalie said...

Ooh I think I really like the guest author idea! I think I'll see if Oprah's available to update the Late Blog. On second thought, I'd rather let my labrador Lucy do it. Don't think that I'm fanatically stalking you on your blog if I comment here all the time. It's just the easiest way to keep in touch! SO be prepared for many comments from the frozen North

Miss Elissa said...

A Freedom Eagle! Sounds like Bald Eagles got labeled unpatriotic along with French fries! Please tell me it's not true! Just cause they're bald doesn't mean we love them less!

Keep up the amusing posts, Grandma Chen!

Mackerel Sky, Ltd. said...

I'm glad to see that the great girl's panda food website is up and running, and I'd like to say that...

What's that?
Oh, I see. That does make sense, I suppose.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I clearly mistook the title of this website to be a mixture of German and English, mainly "Grand Madchen's Panda Food" give or take a typo.

Maybe I should just come in again...

Shriver said...

Hello, Joel. It's nice to meet you after such a long time just hearing about you. I'm Mike. Please keep up the good posting, and encourage Shelley to keep up with the posting. It's always good to hear from her.

Kellyn and Joe said...

You Shavers are crazy.