Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday nights at 按摩 (massage)。

I usually go get a $3 massage every week with some of my other
American friends. This week I decided to tell our massage friends that
my shoulder has been hurting for the past year to see if they could
work on it. They suggested that I have the fire cups, and never one to
turn down an opportunity at new things, I decided to pay the extra
$1.5 and have it done. Thus far I'd been too freaked out by the
suction noises and pregnant purple bruises, but I sucked up my fear
and decided not to be 怕 (pa4, afraid). They insisted that it didn't
hurt, and so I found myself agreeing to become a voluntary victim of
the vampire jars. It really wasn't bad at all. The picture looks MUCH
worse than it actually is, mom. Remember those goldfish I had with
bulbous eyes? I think I understand what it feels like to be one of
them....it was nice, and almost comfortable. Plus it matches my
necklace!
They also say that it helps keep you from getting a cold, so here's
hoping that the sore throat I have will disappear in the morning!
Golly, I hope you get what I've written along with the picture!!!
Because heaven knows that it needs a good explanation!

9 comments:

Daniel and Natalie said...

tee hee! I saw (or rather, HEARD) them doing that in a spa when I was in China!

Unknown said...

my estimation of you, which was already quite high, just went up a whole bunch of notches.

That's very awesome. :)

-Rod H

Cheryl said...

wow - would be so much more scary seeing it first!

Krista said...

Shocking! Did it help with the shoulder pain?

Liz said...

Huh...didn't I make that necklace for you YEARS ago? wow :)

Unknown said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, That new boyfriend gave you a bunch o giant hickeys!

Coralee said...

that looks super scary.... ugh... well are you going to do it again...

amanda + daniel said...

yikes!! they do that here too, but i've never been brave enough. you are one brave girl!