Friday, February 12, 2010

What's warm, sunny, and has a name that starts with 'Th' and rhymes with 'ailand?'

I'm finally going to leave Thailand on Sunday. It has been an incredible month filled with stress, joy, relaxation, good food, and wonderful friends. I will be sad to go, but I am feeling surprisingly good about going back to China. My trip here has been everything I needed to feel recommitted and positive about my work in China. Here are a few pictures of the highlights (sociolinguistics class, Doi Suthep [a temple], beetles, gardens, a bridge).


2 comments:

Daniel and Natalie said...

hey did you post this while you were stuck in the airport all night? We heard about that at church yesterday. It was so good to see your family!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you had been here too! So glad that you are feeling ready to take on some more time in China. and I still can't get over how talented you and your brother are at picture taking. I wish I had half your skill! Of course, running babies (my usual subject matter) is a little difficult to catch on my slow camera most of the time ;) Maybe I should look for non-moving subjects. Love and miss you! Natalie and the fam

amanda + daniel said...

Glad to hear you had a restful time in Thailand! We met one of your coworkers who was passing through Phnom Penh. He filled us in on life in your city & China in general. Hope all is well!