Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hainan-Ho! (海南)

I went on a solo adventure this past National Day/Mid-Autumn Festival
holiday to the beautiful island of Hainan. I'll tell you some stories
sometime, but for now i'll just give you a few pictures to wet your
appetite. These are pictures from a day hike that I went on with about
40 other local people--I was able to use mostly Chinese that day!! It
was real-neat. Let me share an excerpt with you from my journal:
Wow, this was a good idea to go on the day trek. It's so cool to be
with a group of Haikou 人[ren--people] they are so fiery, fun, and
certainly welcoming....I'm actually surprised and pleased that my
language skills have gotten me this far...it's a really neat thing to
be a part of this group--even if i am a wai guo mei mei (little
foreign sister). I've never been in such a Chinese community and it is
fun because i can see how much these people are just like people from
home and even possibly more friendly. we're a group of perfect
strangers and everyone is eating and sharing food together like it's
the last day of summer camp..
Now look at these

nice pictures:

1 comment:

Daniel and Natalie said...

again, you take the coolest pics!!!!