Monday, January 26, 2009

我抱歉

I'm sitting in the Chengdu airport yet again. This time it's off to Thailand, but I'm going to try to throw together a quick post to start catching up. I just came back from a 2-week trip to the Yunnan Province. My friend Teddy and I ambled around Lijiang, Lugu Lake (where the last remaining matriarchal society lives), Kunming, and Dali. I experienced, learned, and saw a lot of things. I'll post some pictures of the highlights, and eventually I'll try to get more pics up on my picassa account.
These are a few of my pictures from Lijiang.(ok, maybe only one because i'm struggling to upload things right now)

Teddy was an unwavering friend who translated my most bizarre questions: 'How would you describe your relationship with your eagle?'He was kind enough to pull off his glove and show me his scar! Never take food meat away from a bird of prey.

5 comments:

Duca Minimo said...

the eagle eye,
well captured

Daniel and Natalie said...

Hope your traveling is going well. We are settling into the new house. What an amazing bird! Keep in touch when you can! Nat

Anonymous said...

What an amazing picture! I love it! By the way, you can get that same scar, for the very same reason, from your Pekingese.

Shelley said...

Thanks Uncle Jim! Even if the Pekingese only has 1 tooth?

Anonymous said...

Okay maybe not, but a very, very bad welt. Red mark? Dog germs?
Love the picture of Victoria Harbor also, were you on a boat when you took it?